In the recent times, there has been a growing pressure for governments around the world to be more accountable for their public budgets with governments and to produce accurate, meaningful and transparent financial statements. International Public Sector Accounting Standards(IPSAS) enable public entities to show clear accrual accounting and budgeting techniques and demonstrate results-based monitoring and reporting. This course was designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of applying IPSAS from the IASB’s IFRS standards to the framework of public bodies and enable delegates to increase transparency and develop a better system of performance/results measurement of costs and cost budgets. Through the use of case studies of all the major topics, delegates will gain a working knowledge of how to apply and adopt IPSAS to their organisation. We will conduct discussions on how to overcome the challenges faced by other entities in implementing IPSAS.
On completion of the training delegates are expected to:
- Build a strong system of performance-based management in their accounting reports
- Apply IPSAS to their organisation’s accounting practices
- Apply best practice and avoid common pitfalls in their IPSAS implementation
- Accomplish increased transparency and meet the international requirements of banks and donors and multilateral agencies.
Conceptual framework for general purpose financial reporting by public sector entities
- In-depth Look at Key Standards: Hyperinflation, adjusting and non-adjusting events, disclosure requirements, investments reporting – equity/costs, interest in joint ventures
- Accounting and financial reporting for service concession arrangements
- Amendments, reviews and changes in IPSAS and expected future developments
- IPSASB projects, consultation papers, resources, reference materials and research on IPSAS • Presentation of Financial Statements and Cash Flow Statements
- Accounting Policies, Changes in Accounting Estimates and Errors
- Foreign Exchange Rates
- Consolidated and Separate Financial Statements
- Property – valuation, depreciation, expensing, capitalisation, lessee and lessor, inventories, construction contracts Impairment of Non-cash generating assets and cash-generating assets
- Financial instruments
- Employee benefits
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals This course will be of great value to :
- Account Managers,
- Senior Accountants,
- Accounting Professionals,
- Auditors, • Regulators,
- Staff of International Donor Organizations, Government institutions, The World Bank Group, EU, United Nations and others who wish to update their knowledge or build competences in IPSAS.
- DUBAI, UAE
- CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
- NAIROBI, KENYA
- KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
To register for this course please apply online at: www.dotrid.com/apply-online or complete and forward our nomination form obtainable via email from: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +27215519023, You can also send an inquiry via:
WhatsApp:+27 604 253 288.
IMO: +27 604 253 288.
Telegram: +27 604 253 288.
13-17 MAY, 2019
17-21 JUNE, 2019
5-9 AUGUST 2019
2-6 SEPT 2019
4-8 NOVEMBER 2019
2-6 DEC 2019
YOUR TRAINING INVESTMENT
The cost of your course depends on factors including the number of delegates, specific requirements and the location of your training.
Dotrid International Training Institute will provide a detailed and competitive quote following your initial enquiry.
No Reviews found for this course.