Transport and road authorities around the world deliver and manage infrastructure for communities. It is therefore important that these assets are managed sustainably and efficiently, to ensure they continue to meet the expectations of all stakeholders. Rapid changes in technology, are motivating Transport Infrastructure Managers around the world to build on their knowledge, in order to deliver transport systems that meet current and future infrastructure requirements.
This Transport Infrastructure Performance and Maintenance course is an intensive training program, exclusively designed to provide performance and maintenance managers the opportunity to understand the system of practice utilized globally. The primary objective of the program is to broaden their vision and professional understanding of various challenges, concepts and best practices.
This course will facilitate knowledge sharing through group workshops, using global project delivery examples. Day to day practical project experiences and team exercises will allow participants to engage and become better equipped to manage the delivery and processes of infrastructure maintenance.
The key goal of this training is to broaden the perspective of participants and highlight the necessary tools needed to successfully manage transport and infrastructure maintenance.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Enhance the professional understanding of key performance management, reporting and maintenance management systems
- Explain network vision and the critical role of performance and maintenance reporting, on the overall organizational funding and delivery strategies
- Gain knowledge on all key areas of transport infrastructure performance and maintenance management systems
- List various infrastructure funding options to successfully achieve Performance and Maintenance Management objectives
- Describe and demonstrate the importance of maintenance, governance and assurance processes
- Build responsiveness and understanding of performance and maintenance management practices
- Demonstrate the importance of effective transport infrastructure performance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The target audience includes:
- Transport Officers and Managers
- Project managers,
- Admin Managers/Officers
- Project engineers
- Senior managers responsible for making decisions and delivering or managing transportation projects.
Transport and Road Infrastructure Project Management
- Importance of network vision and strategic transport planning
- Understanding transport and road infrastructure project management
- Importance of early communication and stakeholder management
- Infrastructure project life cycle and asset management
- Sustainable transport policy and its role in project and program management
- Infrastructure project financing and delivery options
Establishing and Managing an Infrastructure Project – Part A
- Establishing a transport infrastructure project
- Identification and use of best project management practice (Prince2, Agile, PMBOK, OnQ, etc.)
- Establishing and leading the project team
- Project planning (PID/Mandate /Preliminary business case)
- Effective project planning to strengthen project management competencies
- Developing a concept of Operations (CONOPS) / Blue Print
- Project approvals
Establishing and Managing an Infrastructure Project – Part B
- Request for information (RFI) or Market Testing and expression of interest (EOI)
- Project procurement
- Project scheduling and milestone management
- Project risk management
- Probity and ethics
- Project monitoring and control reporting
- Infrastructure Project and Program Governance
- Understanding the concepts of infrastructure
Finance and the use of special purpose vehicles
- Alternative financing plans such as commercial and financial structuring of Public Private Partnerships
- Difference between infrastructure financing and funding and the challenges in raising finance
- Project and program governance
- Achieving value for money in a constrained economic environment
- Collaborative professional networking for continuous project management
- Project Finalization and Benefit Management
- Importance of project finalization
- Constructed designs
- Project close-out
- Project benefit management
- Key learning and concepts
- Way forward
- DUBAI, UAE
- CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
- NAIROBI, KENYA
- KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
To register for this course please apply online at: www.dotrid.com/apply-online or complete and forward our nomination form obtainable via email from: firstname.lastname@example.org call +27215519023, You can also send an inquiry via:
WhatsApp: +27 604 253 288.
IMO: +27 604 253 288.
Telegram: +27 604 253 288.
13-17 MAY, 2019
17-21 JUNE, 2019
5-9 AUGUST 2019
2-6 SEPT 2019
4-8 NOVEMBER 2019
2-6 DEC 2019
YOUR TRAINING INVESTMENT
The cost of your course depends on factors including the number of delegates, specific requirements and the location of your training.
Dotrid International Training Institute will provide a detailed and competitive quote following your initial enquiry.
No Reviews found for this course.