Morbi sem erat, molestie ornare nisl mollis, tempor sodales mauris. Cras hendrerit, neque cursus ornare aliquam, massa massa posuere purus.
It is a known fact that bridges constitute significant and critical discrete components of a transportation system and they are among the most expensive investment asset of any country’s civil infrastructure. They also have a long service life compared with most commercial products and are rarely replaceable once they are erected. This course will also incorporate both theoretical and practical sessions to give opportunity of access to international standards and benchmarks for professionals to appreciate the real-life application of the concept of bridge design, construction and maintenance. This course will provide participants with meaningful guidance to quantify their bridge infrastructure deficit and prioritize bridge investment. The course will give a broad overview of bridge management systems and maintenance strategies among other relevant contents.
Participants will benefit immensely from the programme including opportunity to:
- Learn how to perform a conceptual design for various bridge types
- Learn lessons on how to perform preliminary structural analysis of concrete bridges
- Discuss Select appropriate load-bearing and support systems
- Visit existing ongoing bridge project to appreciate the practical aspect of the programme.
- Learn to calculate bridge loading based on relevant load models and national Codes
- Relate to the construction of concrete bridges and how these affect the design process
- Identify and differentiate the different types of bridges;
- Explain the principles of bridge design;
- Carryout planning and location for bridge construction;
- Design and detail commonly applied bridge types;
- GENERAL INTRODUCTIONS
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Principles of Benchmarking for effective Service Delivery
- Economies and Rationale for Bridge Construction
2 – FUNDAMENTALS OF BRIDGE DESIGN:
- General Introduction; Definitions;
- Bridge design principles;
- Types of bridges;
- Components of a bridge;
- Types of Bridge decks;
- Types of loads on bridges.
3 -COMPONENT OF BRIDGE MANAGEMENT
- Work Accomplishment
- Condition Assessment
- Performance Measures
- Needs Assessment
- Funding & Allocations
- Scheduling and Programming
4 – DESIGN OF SELECTED BRIDGES (REINFORCED CONCRETE BRIDGES, STEEL BRIDGES AND COMPOSITE BRIDGES):
- Basic Assumptions of Design;
- Calculation of loads;
- Analysis of effects of loads;
- Preliminary design of bridge elements;
- Final design of bridge elements;
- Detailing of bridge elements.
5. CONSTRUCTION METHODS:
- Erection and hoisting method;
- Balanced cantilever method;
- Construct in-situ method;
- Construct using precast beam;
- Construct using precast girder section and erected by a launching machine;
- Incremental launching method
6. BRIDGE MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRS.
- Preventive bridge maintenance practices
- Bridge Inspection and “Smart Bridges” for preventive maintenance
- Scheduling maintenance and repairs
- Bridge painting/coating/sealing and containment steward practices
7. COMPARATIVE PERFORMANCE
MEASUREMENT FOR BRIDGE CONDITION
- Contributing Factors to Strong Performance
- Make the Case for Bridge Investment
- Emphasizing Bridge Preservation
- Construct Maintainable Bridges
- Bridge Management Program Approach
- Three Components Approach
Benchmarking projects helps to achieve good performance as it gives opportunities to measure against best performance, using appropriate indicators such as construction cost, construction completion time, defects, client satisfaction with product and service, productivity, promotion result-oriented thinking etc
- Participants are expected to visit any existing and/or an ongoing bridge construction to appreciate the practical aspects of bridge design and construction.
KEY DESIGN COMPONENTS OF THE COURSE INCLUDE:
- Conceptual Design; Choosing the Right Type of Bridge
- Loadings on Bridges; General Methods for Bridge Analysis
- Design of Concrete Bridges: Beam/Slab Systems; Concrete Arches; Box Girders; etc
- Design of Steel Bridges: Truss Bridges; Plate Girders; Box Girders etc
- Design of Steel-Concrete Composite Bridges; Deck Systems
- Construction Methods for Bridges
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course will of immense benefits to:
- Bridge Engineers & Technologists,
- Agency and Public-Sector Bridge Asset Managers,
- Bridge Maintenance Managers,
- Bridge Inspection Consultants.
- Civil and Structural Engineers wishing to acquaint themselves with sound principles of bridge design and will also be beneficial to the more experienced bridge designers wishing to update themselves on latest developments in the field.
- DUBAI, UAE
- CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
- NAIROBI, KENYA
- KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
To register for this course please apply online at: www.dotrid.com/apply-online or complete and forward our nomination form obtainable via email from: email@example.com call +27215519023, You can also send an inquiry via:
WhatsApp:+27 604 253 288.
IMO: +27 604 253 288.
Telegram: +27 604 253 288.
13-17 MAY, 2019
17-21 JUNE, 2019
5-9 AUGUST 2019
2-6 SEPT 2019
4-8 NOVEMBER 2019
2-6 DEC 2019
YOUR TRAINING INVESTMENT
The cost of your course depends on factors including the number of delegates, specific requirements and the location of your training.
Dotrid International Training Institute will provide a detailed and competitive quote following your initial enquiry.
No Reviews found for this course.