This course is designed for professionals who have responsibilities or seek to acquire skills in internal control and risk management in their organizations. Undoubtedly, internal control is fundamental to the successful operation and day-to-day running of a business and it assists the company in achieving its business objectives. It encompasses all controls incorporated into the strategic, governance and management processes, covering the company’s entire range of activities and operations, and not just those directly related to financial operations and reporting. Its scope is not confined to those aspects of a business that could broadly be defined as compliance matters, but extends also to the performance aspects of a business. Risk management encompasses methods and processes used by organisations to manage risks and seize opportunities in relation to achievement of their business objectives. It typically involves identifying particular events or circumstances relevant to the organisation’s objectives, assessing and magnitude of impact, determining a response strategy, and monitoring progress. By identifying and addressing risks and opportunities, business enterprises protect and create value for their stakeholders. One of the most common approaches of managing risk is through the establishment and implementation of effective internal controls. It plays an important role in preventing and detecting irregularities such as errors and/or fraud and protecting the organisation’s resources, both tangible (e.g., machinery and property) and intangible (e.g., reputation or intellectual property such as trademarks).
The concept of internal control
- Legislation governing internal control
- Internal control environment
- Developing and implementing control mechanism
- The role of internal auditors
- The need for Sound Risk Management
- Financial Sustainability
- Legal requirements
- Disaster Management
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Good governance
- Control Effectiveness
- Residual Risk Exposure
- Current Key Controls
- Actions to Improve Controls
Risk Management Implementation Plan
- Consequences of ineffective implementation
- Operational and strategic surprises;
- Breakdowns in internal controls
- Reactive responses vs proactive responses;
- Impact on its continuity of operations;
- Responsiveness and flexibility of the institution;
- Management of changing / new risks
- Barriers for the successful implementation of
- Risk Management
Risk Management Report
- Description of Risk
- Risk Owner
- Background of Risk
- Inherent Risk Exposure
- Fundamentals of Risk Management
- Background of risk management
- Concept is Risk and Risk Management
- The process of risk management
- The classification of risks
- Frequency and severity of impact
- The concept of risk appetite
- The risk strategies
- Risk management approaches (the 4 Ts)
Legislative Foundation for Risk Management
- System of Risk Management
- Treasury Regulations (risk assessment, risk management strategy, fraud prevention plan, communication to all officials; incorporation into the language and culture of the institution)
- Internal Audit
- Risk Management of the International standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Audit Committee
- What is risk assessment?
- How are risks analyzed / categorized?
- How are risks prioritized?
- What is risk control?
- What is risk mitigation?
- What is risk planning?
- What is risk monitoring?
- What is risk communication
Management of A Risk Register
- A description of the risk, its causes and its impacts;
- An outline of the existing controls
- An assessment of the consequences of the risk should it occur and the likelihood of the consequence occurring, given the controls;
- A risk rating; Overall priority for the risk
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course will be ideal for :
- Finance Officers /Managers
- Budget Managers /Directors
- Risk Officers
- Asset Managers/Officers,
- Chief Financial Officers
- Executive Officers, Risk managers,
- Logistic managers, Supply chain Procurement Officers, anyone with a quest for knowledge on the subject those who wish to acquire requisite skills for future roles in Budgeting and Financial Management.
- DUBAI, UAE
- CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
- NAIROBI, KENYA
- KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
To register for this course please apply online at: www.dotrid.com/apply-online or complete and forward our nomination form obtainable via email from: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +27215519023, You can also send an inquiry via:
WhatsApp:+27 604 253 288.
IMO: +27 604 253 288.
Telegram: +27 604 253 288.
6-10 MAY, 2019
8-12 JULY, 2019
2-6 SEPT 2019
7-11 OCT, 2019
No Reviews found for this course.