Budgeting touches every aspect of the public sector, demanding that anyone concerned with policymaking or implementation understand how the process works. Budgeting shapes the macro economy; it reflects the political power of a variety of actors who engage in different strategies; it determines what programs get funded and at what levels.
The Public Expenditure Management aspect of this course focuses on the tools and understanding that public managers in all parts of the public sector require, in order to ensure the successful use of financial resources to carry out good public policy. It also emphasizes that public sector financial management is itself subject to policy considerations and constraints such as accountability, due diligence in the management of public funds and linking the use of public funds to their legislated purposes. This course will expose participants to practical knowledge about how the budget process works, and covers both the technical aspects of budgeting, Public Expenditure Management and more general concepts.
Participants will gain general understanding of budget preparation, adoption and execution; proposed reforms of the budget process; and competing theories of the politics of Budgeting and Public Expenditure Management.
This course was designed to help participants build relevant skills and competences in the management of public expenditure to enable them to both intelligently and creatively apply scarce resources to meet the increasing needs of the people for economic growth and development.
The objective of the course is to give participants a good understanding of the fundamental elements of public sector financial management. In achieving this, it will give participants an understanding that financial considerations play key roles in Policy formulation.late models.
Participants will be taken through core the elements of sound financial management in public sector organization including:
o Resource allocation
o Effective budget management
o Cash forecasting and management
o Management control
Delegates will also access recent knowledge covering the core elements of financial accountability within public sector organization including:
o Internal and external oversight
- General Management Functions
- Participatory approaches to budgeting.
- Principles of Strategic Planning Budgets and
- Capital Planning and Budgeting
- Financial Management in the Public Sector
- Accounting Concepts and Financial Statements
- Managing the Finances of a Complex
Government in Complex Times
- Management Control: A Risk Based Approach
- Real Time Control: In-Year Budget
Management and Monitoring Expenditure and Budget Management
- External Reporting and Accountability Risk,
- Audit and Oversight of PEM
- Innovations in financing public sector projects
- Public expenditure management reforms in
- Performance based budgeting
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Project Committee Members, Project Accountant
- Finance Officers, Public Officers, Project Directors,
- Economists, Accountants, Policy makers
- Senior Administrators, Project Directors,
- Budget Officers, Senior Auditors, Managers,
- Consultants, Project Administrators
- Auditors and professionals who want to build their understanding on Financial Statement
- Chief and financial accountants who perform business analysis and provide financial recommendations.
- DUBAI, UAE
- CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
- NAIROBI, KENYA
- KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
To register for this course please apply online at: www.dotrid.com/apply-online or complete and forward our nomination form obtainable via email from: email@example.com or call +27215519023, You can also send an inquiry via:
WhatsApp:+27 604 253 288.
IMO: +27 604 253 288.
Telegram: +27 604 253 288.
13-17 MAY, 2019
17-21 JUNE, 2019
5-9 AUGUST 2019
2-6 SEPT 2019
4-8 NOVEMBER 2019
2-6 DEC 2019
YOUR TRAINING INVESTMENT
The cost of your course depends on factors including the number of delegates, specific requirements and the location of your training.
Dotrid International Training Institute will provide a detailed and competitive quote following your initial enquiry.
No Reviews found for this course.