Today’s security landscape requires individuals and businesses to take the threat to safety and security seriously. Safe and secure environments can be achieved by applying principles, concepts and knowledge of access and egress control, risk management, physical security procedures, security and resilience measures.
This specialized security course provides participants with the skills and foresight to protect assets such as; people, property, policy, procedure and reputation, through engaging live exercises, demonstrations, and active participation.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of physical security planning
- Develop a strong knowledge of access and egress control principles required to manage and perform physical security
- Conduct risk, vulnerability and exposure assessments
- Demonstrate knowledge of internal versus external security procedure
- Apply knowledge of Information Technology for access control
This course has been designed for security team leaders, supervisors and managers who are looking to increase their knowledge on access and egress operations. It is also ideal for site or company managers or owners who are looking to set up physical security systems and/or teams, or security professionals new to physical security and access control.
- Principles of Physical Security Planning
- Modern security environment
- Proactive and reactive security
- Operational requirements for physical security
- Fundamentals of security planning
- Importance of security strategy in management
- Principles of security
- Threats to Security
- Security threat terminology
- Importance of asset protection
- Threat typology
- Onion principle and defence in depth
- Exposure to environmental threats
- Differences between risk and threats
- Access and Egress Control
- Introduction to fundamentals of access and egress control
- Methods of access and egress control
- Access and egress control duties
- Types of access control
- Practical session on conducting access and egress control
- Access and egress control planning session
- Technology, Systems and Security Equipment
- Introduction to fundamentals of technology systems and security equipment
- Types of access control systems
- Operational controls & indicators for maintenance and response
- Types of physical security equipment
- Practical session on application of physical security equipment
- Introduction to Information Technology and Risk Management
- Different risk assessment methodologies
- Risk assessment process
- Risk exposure and vulnerabilities in access control technologies
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Information Technology and physical security
- DUBAI, UAE
- CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
- NAIROBI, KENYA
- KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
To register for this course please apply online at: www.dotrid.com/apply-online or complete and forward our nomination form obtainable via email from: email@example.com call +27215519023, You can also send an inquiry via:
WhatsApp:+27 604 253 288.
IMO: +27 604 253 288.
Telegram: +27 604 253 288.
13-17 MAY, 2019
17-21 JUNE, 2019
5-9 AUGUST 2019
2-6 SEPT 2019
4-8 NOVEMBER 2019
2-6 DEC 2019
YOUR TRAINING INVESTMENT
The cost of your course depends on factors including the number of delegates, specific requirements and the location of your training.
Dotrid International Training Institute will provide a detailed and competitive quote following your initial enquiry.
No Reviews found for this course.