This course is designed for professionals in records management who wants to build advanced skills in the field. This course goes beyond the rudimentary level as it helps participants with direct responsibilities or oversight in records management to build superior skills irrespective of whether they are in the public or private sector. The course will
expose delegates to recent knowledge in records management as well as consider the opportunities and challenges brought by electronic information technologies.
Participants will also learn various issues relating to the legal and organizational environment for conventional and electronic record keeping which will include: the protection of records as evidence, the need for compliance with evidence laws, the challenges of meeting audit requirements, the importance of adequate budgets and the importance of identifying relevant legislation and policies. The course will also focus on digital preservation and archival description, archival codes of ethics and key issues involved with applying standards.
This training course will help organizations:
- To reduce costs
- Improve service
- Improve access to information
- Improve tracking accountability of records
The course will also help participants to:
- Understand the implications of new legisation on records management and guide the organisation to becoming compliant
- Create a strategic plan for a records improvement process
- Align the records management programme to the corporate goals and objectives
- Provide input into the Entreprise Content Management initiatives of the organisation.
- Prepare the organisation for Information Governance, beyond IT Governance
- Assist the organisation in balancing the needs for Privacy versus Accessibility of records
- Lead the process for managing social media as records where appropriate.
- Make informed decisions as to whether the “Cloud” is a suitable repository for organisational records
- Look beyond traditional “File Plan” thinking and start developing value-based records classification schemes
- Electronic records processing systems
- Explain the benefits and risks of electronic records management
- Understand how to deal with incoming mail and tasks
- List some of the “best practice” procedures of e-mail management
- Appraise the need for an e-mail policy in an organization
- Define the organizational requirements for storing records electronically
- Outline the processes of locating, retrieving, copying and dispatching information in an electronic storage system
- Illustrate the importance of secure storage of electronic records
- Highlight some of the consequences if information is not managed properly
- Understand the importance of dealing with confidential documents and issues
- Describe the processes of document scanning and tracking
- Highlight the legal requirements, policy and best practice of document retention in the context of their organization and industry
- Describe the concept of “archiving”
- Evaluate the importance of optimizing technology e.g. e-mail, bar coding, scanning.
- Transparency and Records Management
- Transparency implications for records and information management
- Records Management as a tool for establishing transparency and accountability
- Records Management maturity levels
- Managing Social Media Records
- Understanding Social Media
- Social Media as a record.
- Retention of Social Media communications
- Social media as a records management tool
- Managing Social media records using GARP principles
- Managing Documents & Records in the Cloud
- Understanding “The Cloud”
- Different “Cloud” and deployment models
- Advantages and disadvantages of cloud storage
- Discussing the implications for records management
- Determining whether the cloud is right for your organisations records
- Key action steps
- Basic Electronic Records – Issues for Critical Consideration
- Long-term preservation
- File naming
- File formats
- Facilities and procedures
- Digital media
- Evaluation of records management systems
- Digital imaging
- E-mail management
- Web content management
- Electronic and advanced electronic signatures
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course will be of immense benefits to :
- Record Officers
- Executive Assistants
- Store Officers/Managers
- Office Managers,
- Team Leaders,
- Managers/Directors who have responsibilities for records management and those who wish to acquire requisite skills for future roles in record management.
- DUBAI, UAE
- CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
- NAIROBI, KENYA
- KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
To register for this course please apply online at: www.dotrid.com/apply-online or complete and forward our nomination form obtainable via email from: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +27215519023, You can also send an inquiry via:
WhatsApp:+27 604 253 288.
IMO: +27 604 253 288.
Telegram: +27 604 253 288.
13-17 MAY, 2019
17-21 JUNE, 2019
5-9 AUGUST 2019
2-6 SEPT 2019
4-8 NOVEMBER 2019
2-6 DEC 2019
YOUR TRAINING INVESTMENT
The cost of your course depends on factors including the number of delegates, specific requirements and the location of your training.
Dotrid International Training Institute will provide a detailed and competitive quote following your initial enquiry.
No Reviews found for this course.